PRWirenow, a prominent press release distribution company, has established clear editorial guidelines to ensure that the content they distribute is of high quality, informative, and newsworthy. The company prioritizes editorial guidelines as an important aspect of press release distribution because they believe that adhering to these guidelines is essential for building the credibility of both their company and their clients.
PRWirenow’s editorial guidelines require that all press releases submitted to their platform meet certain criteria. This includes having a clearly labeled author, including the name of the content partner (corporate name), and providing contact information such as a phone number and email address. Content must also include a physical mailing or business address for the content partner, and cannot contain placeholder values for any numbers, metrics or prices referenced.
Additionally, PRWirenow requires that content be free from any and all XML errors, as this is a common reason for content to fail to post. The company also recommends including exchange(s) and ticker(s) in the body and meta-data of stories, and referencing company names, exchanges, and tickers within the first two paragraphs of a story.
PRWirenow’s editorial guidelines also specify types of content that are not accepted for distribution. These include advertorial content, sexually explicit content, blog posts lacking news value, content about health supplements or pharmaceuticals for sexual enhancement, harmful content, and content that is poorly written or does not make sense.
The importance of PRWirenow’s editorial guidelines lies in their commitment to ensuring that the content they distribute is of high quality and newsworthy. By adhering to these guidelines, PRWirenow is able to build a reputation for distributing reliable and informative content, which in turn builds trust with journalists and bloggers who rely on their services.
To ensure prompt approval and seamless integration, PRWireNow’s editorial team reviews all press releases and reports prior to distribution. The following guidelines must be met:
- The article must have a clearly labeled author.
- The name of the Content Partner (corporate name) must be included in the article.
- A contact phone number and email for the Content Partner must be provided.
- A physical mailing or business address for the Content Partner must be included.
- Placeholder values for any numbers, metrics, or prices referenced cannot be used.
- Content must be free of any XML errors, which is the primary reason why content fails to post.
Here are some additional tips to help improve indexation:
- Exchange(s) and ticker(s) should be included in the body and metadata of stories, whenever possible.
- Company names, exchanges, and tickers should be referenced within the first two paragraphs of the story.
- Do not publish duplicative content across feeds.
PRWireNow does not support the distribution of the following types of content:
- Advertorial Content: Press releases that primarily intend to sell a product or service, which contain phrases such as FREE, “Make Money”, “Don’t miss this opportunity!”, SALE!!!!
- Sexually Explicit: Press releases containing any sexual or illegal material.
- Blog Posts: Blog posts, general interest articles, “open letters,” and the like that lack news value.
- Health Supplements: Content about health supplements or pharmaceuticals for sexual enhancement.
- Harmful Content: Content that intends to harm or defame an individual or group.
- Poor Writing Quality: Content that is poorly written, does not make sense, or is written in the first person (“I”) is not supported by PRWireNow.