PRWireNOW.com’s editorial team carefully evaluates all press releases for newsworthiness, accuracy, and adherence to proper press release formatting. Adhering to the guidelines below will expedite the approval and distribution process for your press release on our platform.
Press releases submitted to PRWireNOW.com must have a clear and timely angle that is newsworthy or of interest to the business community. They should be free of direct sales pitches, advertising hype, and spam. The following attributes should be included in your press release:
At PRWireNOW.com, we prioritize the distribution of press releases that offer newsworthy content. This can include information about the launch of a new product or service, recent events, business expansions, organizational milestones such as awards or anniversaries, or expert opinions on current news topics. It is important that the news angle is clearly conveyed in the headline to ensure its relevance to our audience.
The Content Tone
At PRWireNOW.com, we aim for an objective tone in our press releases. Therefore, submissions should avoid the use of hype flags and direct address (such as “you,” “I,” “we,” etc.), unless they are in a quotation from a spokesperson representing a company or organization. The use of direct address can indicate that the content is more of an advertisement rather than a news release. Hype flags such as exclamation points, hyperbolic product/service claims, or descriptions of a product or service as “AMAZING” should also be avoided.
Maintain Legal Accuracy
To ensure legal accuracy, PRWireNOW.com mandates the inclusion of a case number, court of record, complaint number, or any other relevant documentation for all press releases referring to legal action or criminal matters.
Valid Media Contact
At PRWireNOW.com, it is mandatory to provide valid contact information. However, in China, press releases generally cannot include details like phone numbers, email addresses, or links/websites. We will confirm with the media outlet if contact information can be included, and if permitted, we will submit it along with the press release to the media.
For specific situations such as those involving network marketing firms or major corporate announcements, such as M&A, PRWireNOW.com may require written authorization from a company executive before approving a press release for distribution. Independent representatives of network marketing companies or party plan companies must always seek the express consent of the company’s executive. If a stock ticker symbol is being used, we may also require written authorization before approving the press release.
The Length of Content
At PRWireNOW.com, we recommend that press releases be between 400 and 900 characters in length. The length of your release can impact its distribution, and excessively short or long press releases may struggle to be indexed in search engines. It is also advisable to limit the news summary to one or two sentences.
The Content Grammer
PRWireNOW.com requires press releases to be written entirely in Chinese and be free of any spelling and grammatical errors. While jargon and technical terms may be used in the release, it is advisable to include definitions to ensure that the content can be understood by the average person.
The Content Format
At PRWireNOW.com, press releases cannot contain HTML tags, non-standard characters, tables, or forced line breaks. All press releases must adhere to our formatting guidelines to ensure they can be properly distributed.
The News Source
At PRWireNOW.com, the news source is the company or organization that issues the press release. If you are distributing on behalf of a client, the source should be the name of the client’s company or organization, and it should be clear how the company or organization relates to the news announcement. Please note that the news source information may be removed by either PRWireNOW.com’s editor or the editor of the media outlet.
The Email Address
PRWireNOW.com recommends avoiding the use of email addresses within the body of the press release as it is not commonly used in China. If an email address is included, our editorial team may remove it to comply with the media outlet’s rules.
- PRWireNOW.com does not distribute content with the intent to harm or seek personal revenge against an individual or group. We do not accept press releases related to political, public policy, or other sensitive matters, and any release containing excessive hyperbole will not be distributed.
- PRWireNOW does not distribute harmful or vengeful content. This includes anything that promotes hate, bigotry, racism, or violence, attacks individuals or groups, affects a company’s stock, or victimizes anyone.
- PRWireNOW does not accept blog posts, general interest articles, or open letters as press releases, as they often lack attribution and news value. However, some sites may accept these formats, and we encourage you to submit them for consideration. We will confirm with the sites whether they can be used or not.
- To ensure that your press release is not flagged by content filters, PRWireNOW advises avoiding the overuse of words or phrases that are commonly associated with advertisements or spam emails, as well as non-newsworthy websites. Examples of such words and phrases include “sexy” (性感的), “naked” (裸体的), “gamble” (赌博), “casino” (赌场), “drug taking” (吸毒), and so on.
- PRWireNOW does not accept press releases containing links or attachments with file extensions other than those listed below: jpeg, gif, png, tiff, bmp, ps, pdf, doc*, xl*, rtf, ppt, mpeg, mp*, and mov.
- PRWireNOW maintains the integrity of its service and does not accept press releases containing sexually explicit material or references to illegal content or profane language. Press releases must not contain links or references to explicitly sexual material. Please be advised that all websites intended for individuals aged 18 and above are considered sexually explicit.
- PRWireNOW allows each press release to be distributed only once. Moreover, the majority of the content of each press release must be original. Any copyrighted content from other sources is not allowed, as it violates PRWireNOW’s Terms of Service.
- PRWireNOW rejects gambling-related press releases and links.
- PRWireNOW requires all users to agree to submit only accurate information.
- PRWireNOW only accepts press releases from law firms representing one of the parties involved in a legal case. Third-party firms are not allowed to submit press releases regarding legal cases.
- PRWireNOW doesn’t publish releases promoting or linking to short-term or unsecured loan services.
- PRWireNOW does not allow press releases from online pharmacies or websites selling prescription drugs unless it’s explicitly stated in both the website and release that a doctor’s prescription is necessary for purchase.
- PRWireNOW does not permit the promotion or use of weight loss products or ingredients that are considered unsafe or potentially hazardous by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Tainted Products list.
- PRWireNOW does not accept press releases that promote get-rich-quick schemes. Additionally, we do not publish releases promoting products or services related to illegal cell phone or tablet unlocking without carrier permission.
- PRWireNOW does not allow press releases promoting get-rich-quick schemes. Moreover, we do not publish releases that promote products or services related to illegal unlocking of cell phones or tablets without carrier permission.
- PRWireNOW does not accept releases that promote services offering paid research paper, essay, term paper, or dissertation writing.
- Moreover, PRWireNOW reserves the right to delete news releases that are found to have obtained unnatural inbound links by participating in paid link schemes. At times, PRWireNOW may review client releases to confirm compliance with search engine Webmaster Guidelines.
- PRWireNOW prohibits the following health supplement content, as listed on Google’s AdWords policy page regarding prohibited pharmaceuticals and supplements, regardless of any claims of legality:
- Products containing ephedra
- Non-prescription products containing human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)
- Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients
- False or misleading health claims, including claims implying a product is as effective as prescription drugs or controlled substances
- Non-government approved products marketed as safe or effective for preventing, curing, or treating a particular disease or ailment
- Products subject to any government or regulatory action or warning
- Products with names similar to an unapproved pharmaceutical, supplement, or controlled substance
- Low T and hormone replacement therapy products unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Note that full disclosure of a product’s ingredients must be available in the press release or on the associated website.
PRWireNOW’s editorial staff reviews all press releases before distribution. Our editors have the final say in determining what content is appropriate for distribution on the PRWireNOW platform. These guidelines are meant to supplement our terms of service, which require users to be responsible for the content and accuracy of all information submitted to us. Start distributing your first release with us today! 🙂